Monday, August 22, 2005

122 North Portage Path



For one year I lived at 122 N. Portage Path, apartment 6.
It was a small, one bedroom in a big rambling brownstone.

It was my first place alone ever.

It was a magical and wonderful time and place, and not just because of the radiators and checkerboard floors and bleach spot on my kitchen floor that I forced visitors to scrutinize a la a Rorschach inkblot.

For 12 consecutive months, from July 2004 to June 2005, I documented the exterior.

Here are the pictures.





4 Comments:

Blogger zerodegreesk said...

Badass! That's so cool. Reminds me of Augie from the movie "Smoke" taking a pix of the same street corner, at the same time, every day.

10:59 AM  
Blogger locus sigilli said...

Thanks for the kind words. I think I may try a variation on the theme at the new place - more close-ups and a collage of sorts (snow-trimmed roofline, magnolia tree in bloom, etc.)

10:26 AM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

I love the photos, and the way seeing them all together makes you look more closely at the building & its personality.

I look forward to photos of 59.

4:20 PM  
Blogger locus sigilli said...

Thanks, Ms. KEWP! I miss running my hands over the brick when I came home. In certain light, the building just glowed (I've got pictures I took by hanging out my bathroom window somewhere in the archive)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home