Sunday, September 18, 2005

On the Nose

adventures in modern cake decorating:



the orange and brown one went, but probably as tailgate party fodder (congrats browns)

In other weekend news, VRT came to town for a wedding. Faced with the prospect of no ride, I offered shuttle service and he raised me breakfast. Over the meal and the miles he entertained me with pep talks and tales of Hell-A (not that I would expect any less from a fellow who is so firmly entrenched in Hollywood that he has an IMDB listing.)

Our brief visit made me wonder if I’ve grown taller since I moved to Akron. Either that or all my friends here are shorter. Which is awesome.




Oh - I’m also happy to announce that it’s bedtime for Mr. Ben Gibbard. I’ve been trying for a while, but he kept getting up, all tousle-haired and sheepish grin, wanting a drink of water or to check under his bed for monsters.

Every time I thought the coast was clear and I could focus on other music, sure enough I would hear him padding down the stairs and it would start all over again.

But all has been quiet for a while, so I think he’s finally down for the duration.

Shhh.

Currently spinning:
Palace ~ Viva Last Blues

(Like my pilot friend Lynn says, a "landing" is really just a controlled crash.)

4 Comments:

Blogger peppermintlisa said...

i would totally buy one of your modern cakes. love 'em!

9:54 AM  
Blogger locus sigilli said...

well, we need a cake for the boogie nights party...got any bad 70s fabric i could use as inspiration?

5:39 PM  
Blogger zerodegreesk said...

How 'bout a cake in the shape of an orange corvette?

10:13 AM  
Blogger locus sigilli said...

only if you make a modeling clay marky-mark action figure to go inside.

i'd make a...erm..."member" cake, but i fear those tainted by homophobia would not partake.

p.s. - el bano totally needs a disco ball

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home